Kumquat Breakfast Bread

This is a little heavy, I think it's best sliced thick and toasted.
1 cup of kumquat puree: Halve fruit, and flick out the seeds. I use a Cuisinart or my Vitamix to puree.
3/4 cup of honey
2 Tbs. oil
2 eggs
1 Tbs vanilla
1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour (I buy the whole grain and Vitamix the flour as needed. Like coffee, flour is best when freshly ground.)
1 cup of rolled oats
1/4 cup flaxseed meal. (I buy the whole seed and Vitamix. It's super easy!
1 Tbs. baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 Tbs. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of chopped nuts and dried fruit like raisons, persimmons, etc.)

Directions:
Put all dry ingredients into a mixer, mix thoroughly. And then add wet ingredients. Combine well, add fruit and nuts. Use a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. Don't over cook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harvest Shot April 8-9 2014

Blackberries are coming!